[ngIRCd-ML] PAM module

Alexander Barton alex at barton.de
Sun Sep 9 14:20:42 CEST 2012

Hello Anthony!

Am 07.09.2012 um 21:28 schrieb Anthony Caiafa <2600.ac at gmail.com>:

> Has anyone successfully got the PAM module to work? I can't seem to get it working with LDAP or localauth. Anyone interested in providing their auth file for ngircd?

There shouldn't be anything special - BUT: you need a PAM module that DOESN'T require root privileges, because ngIRCd calls it with the permission level of the user it is running as ("irc", "nobody", whatever you configured); see ./doc/PAM.txt. So using "UNIX Shadow Passwords" (pam_unix) isn't possible, for example.

But I don't know what your pam_ldap requires …

Regards
Alex