[ngIRCd-ML] ngIRCd 18

Alexander Barton alex at barton.de
Sun Jul 10 22:45:19 CEST 2011

Hi All!

Finally, here it is: ngIRCd 18 has been released today!

Since our 2nd release candidate, a preliminary protocol module for the upcoming Anope 1.9 services package has been added to our contrib/ directory, our documentation has been slightly updated, and no WHOWAS information will be leaked when disabling „MorePrivacy“ mode during runtime.

Please see doc/Services.txt and contrib/Anope/README if you are interested in using ngIRCd 18 with the development branch 1.9.x of Anope IRC services! Latest tested release of Anope is 1.9.4, there is no guarantee that it will work with newer versions, because the 1.9 branch of Anope is under heavy development …

Since release 17.1, there is quite a bit of new functionality with new configuration options like „MorePrivacy“, „ScrubCTCP“, „RequireAuthPing“, „ NoticeAuth“, „CloakHost“ and „CloakUserToNick“; a new channel mode „O“ („IRC Ops only“); support for ZeroConf service registration has been removed; and, quite prominent, the restructuring of the ngircd.conf configuration file.

Please have a look at our GIT history or the NEWS and ChangeLog files for the whole story:

	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/NEWS>
	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/ChangeLog>

And please DON’T FORGET TO READ the INSTALL text, it contains valuable upgrading information regarding the new structure of ngircd.conf:

	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/INSTALL>

You can find more information on our homepage at <http://ngircd.barton.de/> and its mirror <http://ngircd.berlios.de/>. Our primary download locations are:

	- <ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ngircd/>
	- <http://ngircd.barton.de/pub/ngircd/>

I hope you enjoy this new release – have fun!

Regards
Alex