[ngIRCd-ML] sudo nick command for IRC operators

Rich Griese richgriese at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 02:24:07 CEST 2011

This might exist, but perhaps someone can send me the exact command.

I am looking for a command that IRC operators can use that would
change another users nickname. Something like;

/sudo nick Guest849 peter

If this exists could someone send me the syntax?

I am running a small IRC network that I use on my website as a simple
way for people to contact me real time. The initial page uses a mibbit
web interface that asks people to start by entering their nickname,
but you would be amazed at how many people just click through with the
Guest??? nick. And then... the first thing they will say is "Rich,
it's peter". At that point I it would be great for me for me to be
able to change their nickname for them instead of telling them how to
change their nick themselves.

Cheers! RichGriese at gmail.com