[ngIRCd-ML] Re: ngIRCd Release 14.1

Florian Westphal fw at strlen.de
Tue May 12 23:00:00 CEST 2009

Kolbjørn Barmen <irc at kolla.no> wrote:
> > Alexander Barton <alex at barton.de> wrote:
> > > Florian Westphal found a serious bug in ngIRCd release 14 which
> > > affects all servers compiled with SSL-support linked in, whereas
> > > it is irrelevant whether SSL support is actually in use or not.
> >
> > I am also the one who put that crap in there in the first
> > place...
>
> Are you also a person one can ask for chained CA certificate support? :)

yes, but since i am no longer a student there is not much time for
working on that.

In case someone else wants to look into implementing certificates,
http://git.breakpoint.cc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=fw/ngircd-tls.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c8e1047ea5e2bfca05bf2218bf522339dd928c4
contains the (abandoned) efforts to get certificate handling to work.

I will see if I can rebase this on top of the ngircd head code and
move the unrelated cruft into a separate commit (not before next sunday).

Hopefully I will then start to remember what worked and what
didn't 8-/