[ngIRCd-ML] ngIRCd 0.8.2

Alexander Barton alex at barton.de
Thu Feb 3 16:48:53 CET 2005

Hi Jens Kleine schrieb:

>>IMO it would make more sense to fix the client than to "break" the
>>server ;-)
>
> Yeah, but it's not "the" client. The problem are nearly all (different)
> clients of my users (including mine). Maybe I could change the daemon to
> just ignore messages that are too long. Am I right that the trouble is
> caused by the
> Conn_Close( Idx, NULL, "Request too long", TRUE );
> in conn.c line 1255? Instead of closing the connection one could copy only
> the first 511 bytes.

You are right.

But personally I don't think that it is the right way to "only copy (and
use) the firts 511 characters" and silently ignore the rest ... but YMMV.

> BTW: The link http://download.berlios.de/ngircd/ngircd-0.8.3.tar.gz under
> http://arthur.ath.cx/~alex/ngircd/#source is dead.

Right, thanks, I know. I still have to upload 0.8.3 to this location but
a urgend call of one of our customers came in ...

Regards
Alex

--
Alexander Barton, Freiburg, Germany