[ngIRCd-ML] Config File Dosn't Work

Alexander Barton alex at Arthur.Ath.CX
Sun Nov 30 23:49:23 CET 2003

Hi Andrew!

> Hi. I have the sample config file, and I have copied it to
> /usr/local/etc/ngircd.conf. I have not moddified the file at all. Still,
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> it refuses to honor some fields (Password, Admin are shown to be blank
                                                                   ^^^^^
Okay, don't get me wrong: but when you didn't change the sample config file,
how should the server guess your desired configuration?

The fields mentioned by you are commented out in the ngircd-sample.conf by
default (and are therefore "empty") ...

Perhaps I misunderstood you, then please send your configuration file and
the complete output of "ngircd --configtest".

Regards
Alex

--
Alexander Barton, Freiburg, Germany